Diet

I finally realized my mission in life…..Inspire and Change Lives!

Only a person who has been there and has faced the same challenges and struggles can truly understand the difficulty, physically and emotionally, of trying to lose weight. I have been there, FACED the challenges and OVERCAME the struggles, and I truly understand how difficult it is. It's never too late to get yourself in the best shape of your life!!

If I had the option to choose my dream job, it would have to be Chris Powell's on Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition.

Helping others transform their lives and showing them that IT CAN BE DONE is my Ambition in life. This is something I am very passionate about.

"Making the Impossible, POSSIBLE!"


This must be the most asked question.
What did you do?

I would not call it a diet but rather a life-style change.
After being challenged by a friend of mine, WBFF fitness model Andrey Davidenko, and speaking with a few people on what I should eat, I chose a High Protein Diet with a Moderated Carb intake. I did not completely eliminate Carbs because they are a major source of our energy. I used the "little rule" If it was originally white in color, I removed these items from my diet. These foods consisted of rice, pastas, breads, crackers, and tortillas. When it came to eating Carbs, I would eat whole vegetables, whole fruits, and whole grain cereals. When eating out and ordering a salad, I completely ate it dry. Absolutely No Dressing! Dressing takes the HEALTHY out of the salad. I also stayed away from Ketchup and Mayonnaise. I completely removed sodas, juices and any other item that are not Water. I strictly drink Water!!

I allowed myself one cheat meal a week which usually fell on Friday Nights. When going out to dinner with friends, I would eat whatever I wanted, but sticking to water as my beverage.

When it came to Exercise, I stuck to straight Cardio. I began walking for 45 minutes a day and did so for at least 1 week. The following week I began jogging, working my way to where I completely jogged for the entire 45 minutes. I am currently running anywhere from 5 to 10 miles a day.

If you have Question you can email me at EdwinVelezSuccess@Gmail.com or just add me on Facebook and send me a message. To add me on FB just Click Here
I have also created a FB page just about my weight-loss and you can join that by Clicking Here
You can also follow me on Twitter @EdwinVSuccess

Here is a little write-up the Gym I attend did about me as I was chosen May 2012 Member Of The Month.


May 17, 2013

Fitness for Travelers- A Little Research Can Go A Long Way


By: Mike Manning

Just because you lead a healthy lifestyle at home doesn’t mean you will find it easy to maintain healthy habits while traveling. Changes in schedules and routine can make it difficult to get the exercise you need. Fortunately, some advanced planning and self-awareness can help anyone make good fitness decisions while traveling.

Those good decisions should begin before you leave for your trip. If possible, research hotels where you plan to go, and book accommodations at a hotel that offers fitness amenities that suit your preferences. On a recent trip to San Francisco I was able to book a hotel with a great 24-hour gym by looking through a travel review site beforehand. This site gave me a list of the best hotels in San Francisco and from there I could scroll through and see which ones had great fitness centers. Whether or not you are able to select your own accommodations, be sure to find out something about the community where you will be staying. Are there local running trails or tracks that you can use? Does your fitness club have a gym in the area where you can work out while visiting?

Your travel fitness routine can begin while you are still en route to your destination. While you are flying or riding take the opportunity to walk through some basic chair exercises and stretches. These will keep you limber and help you avoid swelling and pain that often accompany long flights or rides.
 
Upon arrival at your hotel, take the time to learn where the fitness center and other amenities are located. In your room, spend a few moments stretching or do some basic yoga to center yourself before moving on to meetings and other activities.

Be realistic about your fitness goals when traveling. You probably won’t be able to keep up with the pace you set at home. Instead, take advantage of what time you do have, and make the most of it. Try getting up before breakfast to take a 20-minute run. Instead of simply relaxing by the hotel pool in the evening, get in and move around. If you find yourself stuck inside a revolving door of seemingly endless meetings, take advantage of short breaks to get a little exercise.

As long as you keep moving, you’re doing yourself a favor. When you get back home, going back to your usual exercise routine will be much easier than if you hadn’t made a point of staying fit on the road.


2 comments:

  1. When going out to dinner with friends, Alexander Stevens I would eat whatever I wanted, but sticking to water as my beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that your comments will help me with my goals. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete